Saturday, January 30, 2010

Practice makes perfect...I hope.

I have a lot of work to do on my sketching. I'm supposed to sketch before making my adobe package do all the work (I need to put my concepts on paper first). But mine seem to be too rough. A bit scruffy you might say. I want to improve that so my sketches can almost be the final design. More detail and sophistication is the key.

I used to be really good at drawing and I love to do it. When I draw, I just forget everything around me. But I stopped doing it when I was around 13 years old, because of school. I'm going to have to pick it up where I left.

I'm practicing with naked models (that sounds weird). We did some modelsketching in class before so I know the basics, but there was so little time to put them on the canvas! So I took my time and tried again at home with the results below. I have improved so that's a good thing, but I need more work. Especially when I saw the sketches from EdenSpiekermann and other graphic designers. It's just a very important part of the job.

I bought some beautifull pencils and other materials to make it easier to get started on it. Next stop: faces, machinery, nature and other lovely complicated things to draw. I'll keep you updated :)



No comments:

Post a Comment